Friday, April 18, 2008

Public Service Announcement: Drinking Booze while Sewing can be Hazardous!

Okay, I admit it, I had one too many beers last night... Then I got the urge to sew, the machine was calling my name and there was a cute lil' pair of diaper covers just screaming to be finished. I was sewing along (my stitches weren't quite as straight as they usually are) and CHACHUNK! a needle goes all the way through my finger tip then breaks off. However, one good thing about one too many beers is that it didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would... at least until this morning.

See where the needle went right through my finger???? ewwww....

Then, to top it all off, this morning I accidentally stepped on a felting needle. Those little SOBs have barbs on it so as I pulled it stung sooooo bad!

geeze la-weeze....I shouldn't be allowed to craft!

2 comments:

Missy said...

Ouch! I will try my best to learn from you if I try to drink and sew!

Lisa K. of XSBaggage & Co. said...

Yikes! Have you had a Tetanus shot?
That's one of my greatest fears, running a needle through my finger with my industrial machine.

Looks painful!

Oh- and thanks for the public service announcement! :D